Sensory awareness is the key to sustainable change in movement habits and therefore also the key to good posture. In this workshop we explore the proprioceptive foundations for balanced, efficient, and graceful movement patterns. Workshop is open to SI practitioners and other somatic educators. Topics include:
• Revising inefficient breathing habits.
• The importance of pelvic floor orientation for respiration, spinal alignment and hip mobility.
• Tension in the face as a “lid” on the spine that blocks full embodiment of the central line.
• Cues for staying grounded and relaxed in tension-evoking times.
• Spatial orientation as a source of bodily support.
• Applying the tensegrity principle to the Rolf 10-series as well as to performance of other somatic disciplines (e.g. yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, dance).